Modifying Alimony in Walton and Okaloosa Counties
You and your ex-spouse may have existing alimony, child custody and child support agreements, but sometimes you may need to modify the agreement due to a change of circumstances. Perhaps you were laid off a job and no longer have a source of regular income to pay child support. Maybe you were seriously injured from an accident and have a mountain of medical bills. If you find yourself unable to make child support or alimony payments because of a major life event, you have options.

At Keich Law Firm P.A., I provide personalized service for clients. I will assess your situation and provide you with options to modify your child support agreement, whether you want to lower or raise payments.


To schedule an appointment with a Destin attorney, contact my law office at (850) 460-2989 if you are seeking child support modification.


Change Your Child Custody Agreements and Alimony By Consulting a DeFuniak Springs Attorney
In Florida, a court will modify alimony and child support if there has been a substantial change of circumstances since the divorce was finalized. Some factors to support modification are:

  • Income
  • Employment status
  • Remarriage
  • Retirement

To modify child support payments, Florida courts may also look to the child support guidelines as a basis that meets a substantial change in circumstance in a limited scope:

“The difference between the existing monthly obligation and the amount provided for under the guidelines shall be at least 15 percent or $50, whichever amount is greater, before the court may find that the guidelines provide a substantial change in circumstances.”

Section 61.30 (1)(b)

You need a lawyer who will give you personalized attention. I will be attentive to your reasons for modifying alimony, child custody or child support. I will discuss with you options so that you do not have to worry about your financial situation.

Contact My Law Office
For more information regarding alimony, child custody or child support modification, please contact my law office at (850) 460-2989 to speak with an experienced Destin attorney.